LDP – Services
1. Auxiliary Police
LDP’s Auxiliary Police is a 24-hour patrol team provided by LITRAK to assist our road users during emergencies along LDP Highway. To ensure a safe and comfortable journey for our road users, we provide a free-of-charge and around-the-clock patrol service; ever ready to take action and assist whenever needed. LDP’s Auxiliary Police can be reached through our speed dial – LITRAK Helpline; 03-7494 7333. LITRAK Helpline also serves as an information channel for any inquiries and support related to LDP. For easy reference, LITRAK Helpline phone number is printed at theback of the toll payment receipt.
Until the end of 2012, LDP’s Auxiliary Police was formerly known as LDP’s Ronda Team. To enhance their credibility, in 2013, they went through 2-months extensive training at PULAPOL before being accredited as certified Auxiliary Police. The training was done in 5 series;
- Training Series 1: January 2013 until March 2013 at Police Training Centre, Ayer Hitam, Negeri Sembilan.
- Training Series 2: May 2013 until July 2013 at Police Training Centre, Ayer Hitam, Negeri Sembilan.
- Training Series 3: September 2013 until November 2013 at Police Training Centre, Ayer Hitam, Negeri Sembilan.
- Training Series 4: September 2014 until November 2014 at Police Training Centre, Langkawi, Kedah.
- Training Series 5: May 2015 until July 2015 at Police Training Centre, Langkawi, Kedah.
These trainings were supervised under the Department of Crime Prevention and Safety Community (JPNKK), PDRM Bukit Aman. We were the first urban highway to establish an Auxiliary Police team for the benefits of our user and the second concessionaire to take this initiative after PLUS.
The Auxiliary Police is responsible for :
- Monitoring and reporting any highways anomalies to HQ, particularly concerning user’s safety issue (i.e. fallen trees, flash flood, etc);
- Filing a First Information Report (FIR) at Police for any accidents on LDP;
- Providing immediate and around-the-clock assistance for LDP’s users;
- Conducting 24/7 surveillance on LDP;
- Managing traffic flow in the event of vehicle breakdowns, traffic congestions, malfunction traffic lights, accidents, or any traffic issues occuring on LDP;
- Supervising traffic flow at congested areas due to weaving issue/queue jumping;
- Reporting any maintenance issues such as oil spills, potholes, damaged sound barriers/ dividers, road debris, or anything that might raise safety concerns towards LDP’s users;
- Providing towing assistance for vehicle breakdowns or accidents along the LDP and;
- Examining work permits for road works along LDP.
At the moment, LDP’s Auxiliary Police consists of 34 officers – headquartered at Maintenance Depot, LITRAK Operational Complex. They are on patrol 24/7, so if you are on-road and need immediate assistance, keep calm and call our speed dial. Support will be on your way – anytime and anywhere on LDP!
2. Traffic Surveillance Control
The Traffic Surveillance Control is a comprehensive traffic management system in operation along LDP – helps to ensure that 24/7 efficient surveillance and updated feedback are evidently received by LITRAK’s Traffic Controller team. Acting as our ‘eagle eye’, LITRAK’s Traffic Surveillance Control ensure that traffic flow is properly monitored and recorded. With this, any traffic flow anomalies on LDP will be detected almost immediately and reach users on time. LITRAK’s Traffic Surveillance Control services include;
- Traffic Control and Surveillance System (TCSS) used to monitor traffic condition and Variable Message Signs (VMS) display boards installed along LDP as well as conduct the traffic counting, congestion detection and data transmission system monitoring.
- Closed Circuit TVs (CCTV) installed at strategic points along the LDP Highway to monitor traffic situation for traffic updates.
- Variable Message Signs (VMS) display boards located at designated locations along LDP to provide real-time traffic events.
- Enhanced Vehicle Actuation (EVA) system are used to read and manage traffic volumes at signalised traffic junctions by controlling the ‘green time’ of traffic signals.
- Electric Toll Collection (ETC) system whereby prepaid electronic toll services (Smart Tag and Touch and Go) are provided at dedicated toll lanes conveniently for LDP users without having to stop and queue at the cash toll lanes.
LITRAK’s Traffic Surveillance Control are currently located at LITRAK’s Operational Complex, next to Plaza Toll Petaling Jaya (TP2). To secure confidentiality, the control room is a restricted site, accessible only to authorised personnel.
3. Touch ‘n Go Reload & Frequent Traveller Programme (FTP) Redemption Counter
For a smoother journey on LDP, we have made available ETC lanes of Touch ‘n Go & SMART Tag for users. Hassle free and time saving, users travelling on LDP can now reload or redeem Touch ‘n Go rebates under Litrak’s Frequent Traveller Programme (FTP) at our Reload Centre as per below location:
Pusat Khidmat Pelanggan Plaza Tol
Petaling Jaya Selatan, Lebuhraya Damansara-Puchong (LDP)
Layby 2, Lebuuhraya Damansara-Puchong
(Beside LITRAK Head Office / Before Petaling Jaya Toll Plaza, KM 19.2)
Monday – Sunday : 7.00 am – 10.00 pm
4. Lay-Bys and Rest Areas
Lay-bys facilities are also made available for users travelling along LDP’s 40KM alignment. Our lay-bys offer an array of facilities, including food stalls, clean public restrooms, public telephone booths, suraus, parking bays and also petrol stations.
With its aesthetic landscape and well maintained facilities, the lay-bys are situated strategically along LDP’s alignment, between each LDP toll plazas for users’ convenience to drop by at any time of the day. Locations of each lay-bys are listed below:
- Lay-by 1: Penchala (KM 0.4, Northbound Toll Plaza Penchala)
- Lay-by 2: Petaling Jaya (KM 19.2, Northbound Toll Plaza Petaling Jaya)
- Lay-by 3: Petaling Jaya next to McDonald (KM 18.9, Southbound Toll Plaza Petaling Jaya)
- Lay-by 4: Ayer Hitam (KM 32.0, Northbound Toll Plaza Puchong Selatan)
- Lay-by 5: Puchong Selatan (KM 30.2, Southbound Toll Plaza Puchong Selatan)